THE jury in the trial of three men accused of murdering two teenagers in an alleyway in Fishermead has been discharged.
Mohammed Farah, 19, and Amin Ahmed Ismail, 18, were shot in the head in an alleyway off Fishermead Boulevard just after 10pm on May 26 last year.
Mohammed was pronounced dead at the scene, while Amin, who had been shot twice, was taken to hospital and, after all attempts to save his life failed, died the next day.
Three men - also of Somali origin - Yahya Harun, 21, of Fishermead Boulevard, Sharmake Abdulkadir, 21, of The Fleet, Springfield and Fuad Awale, 24, of no fixed abode, pleaded not guilty to two charges of murder.
Abdulkadir has also been charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
After legal arguments yesterday Mr Justice Nicholl told the jury at St Albans Crown Court that he was stopping the trial for legal reasons.
He said: “The fundamental criteria of a trial it is must be fair. If the present trial continued it would not meet the test.”
A retrial is expected to be held in October.