Two men treated by paramedics after blaze at hotel and pub in Olney

Fire crews tackled a blaze at a three-storey hotel and pub in Olney on Sunday.

Monday, 2nd May 2016, 8:10 am
Updated Monday, 2nd May 2016, 9:14 am
Pictrures: Bucks Fire and Rescue Service

The fire in the courtyard at the Bull Inn in Market Place broke out at 1.10pm, a spokesman for Bucks Fire and Rescue Service said.

“One appliance and crew from Newport Pagnell, two from Broughton, two from Great Holm, one from Bletchley and one from Bedfordshire attended, along with the Incident Command Unit from Aylesbury and three officers,” he said.

“Firefighters used a main jet, three hose reels, six sets of breathing apparatus, a turntable ladder, a 10.5-metre ladder and a PPV (positive pressure ventilation) fan,” he added.

Pictrures: Bucks Fire and Rescue Service

“Paramedics treated two men who were suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke,” the spokesman said.

Pictrures: Bucks Fire and Rescue Service