VIDEO: Police scour woods and wasteland in search for missing Milton Keynes mum

Police are searching woods and wasteland in Milton Keynes in a desperate bid to find missing mum Natalie Hemming.

Wednesday, 11th May 2016, 9:08 pm
Updated Friday, 13th May 2016, 11:46 am

Despite charging Paul Hemming with her murder, they still admit they cannot give up a faint hope of finding her alive.

Police have already searched areas around the massive Bletchley landfill site, which is close to the home Natalie shared with the accused and her three children in Newton Leys, Bletchley.

Yesterday, 10 days after her disappearance, a specialist team and tracker dogs searched Salden Wood and a disused railway line near Mursley, which is four miles from Newton Leys.

They have also carried out extensive forensic tests on Natalie’s house and her car.

Meanwhile, Natalie’s friend Amy Chalmers has set up a GoFundMe crowdfunding page to raise cash to help her children, who are aged three, six and 10.

Amy said: “I’m raising as much as I can for Natalie’s beautiful children after recent tragic events. Every penny will go straight to Natalie’s family to help towards the everyday cost of raising children and let them have a few treats.”

Natalie’s sibling posted on the page: “I cannot express how much your kindness means to us as a family.

“My sister and I have a huge task ahead of us raising the children but you are all making it just a little easier by giving us one less thing to worry about. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”

Other friends have described the 31-year-old mum as a “loving and kind” person who idolised her children.

A police spokesman told the Citizen the situation was exactly the same as it was last week, when Detective Superintendent Chris Ward said it was a “priority” to find Natalie safe and well.

But Mr Ward admitted even then that it was “increasingly unlikely” this would happen.

n Paul Hemming, 42, has been charged with the murder of his Natalie Hemming - even though no body has been found. He has been remanded in custody and a two-week trial has been set to take place in October.