Firefighters have warned of dangers of lighting bonfires or even barbecues outdoors following three different arson blazes yesterday evening.
The spate began at 5.30pm when fire broke out in the grounds of Stony Stratford Town Football Club.
It is believed youths carrying matches were seen leaving the scene.
Minutes later was another fire on land at St Leger Drive, Great Linford, and a crew from Broughton rushed to deal with it.
Shortly after 9pm a blaze was reported in a field in Newport Pagnell’s Willen road, next to the travellers’ site.
Though all three may have been started innocently, as a bonfire, barbecue or teenage prank, police are treating them all as arson.
A Bucks Fire spokesman said: “If people deliberately start a fire outside in this dry weather, knowing how quickly that fire could spread, then walk away leaving it alight, then it will be classed as arson.
“At this time of year these fires can kill people and spread quickly to nearby buildings. The culprits could end up in prison. It is a very serious matter.”
The fire service is constantly warning of the dangers of lighting fires in the open.
“Even a simple barbecue left unattended can be dangerous,” said the spokesman.