Chester City 0-3 MK Dons

A SECOND half goal blitz sealed rampant MK Dons' sixth straight League Two win against 10-man Chester at the Saunders Honda Stadium.

Clive Platt's predatory 60th minute finish broke the deadlock before Izale McLeod's tap-in and Jon-Paul McGovern's exquisite late free-kick completed the rout, while Chester's Paul Linwood saw red at the death.

Chester dominated the first half and only a terrific last-ditch challenge from Lloyd Dyer prevented Jon Walters putting Chester in front from 12 yards early on, after Dons' centre-half Sean O'Hanlon had slipped over.

The Blues grew in confidence after that near miss and winger Sean Hessey forced Dons goalkeeper Lee Harper into a good diving save with a fierce 22-yard drive that was heading for the top corner of the net in the 17th minute.

The Dons first chance fell to McLeod in the 21st minute, who leapt majestically but headed Drissa Diallo's cross inches wide from 12 yards.

The hosts piled forward as Milton Keynes struggled to find any cohesion and Chester's Gregg Blundell fired a good chance wide under pressure from Paul Butler in the 37th minute, after he had skinned the on loan Dons defender for pace.

At the other end, Aaron Wilbraham's fierce 25-yard drive was saved at full stretch by Blues keeper John Danby after he had been teed up neatly by McGovern on the stroke of half-time.

But the Dons improved dramatically after the break and Platt broke the deadlock in the 60th minute when he rammed in the rebound after McLeod's penalty had been saved by Blues keeper Danby.

Danby dived low to his right to keep out McLeod's spot-kick after the Dons striker had been upended in the box by Simon Marples, but Platt reacted quickest to poke in the loose ball from close range for his eighth goal of the season.

Chester skipper Roberto Martinez almost equalised two minutes later but his 12-yard drive was beaten out well by Harper, before McLeod made it 2-0 to the Dons in the 65th minute.

McGovern's deep cross was headed back across goal by Wilbraham and after Butler glanced it across the face of goal, McLeod poached his 19th goal of the season from a yard.

And then McGovern made it 3-0 in the 76th minute with an exquisite 22-yard free-kick.

McGovern whipped the ball up over the wall and into the top corner from near the corner of the penalty area, as Chester full-stretch keeper Danby could only tip it into the net.

Chester's misery was compounded when centre-half Linwood was given his marching orders after picking up his second booking for dissent in the 88th minute.

Second-placed Dons are now just two points behind leaders Walsall in the race for the League Two title.

Chester: Danby, Marples, Hessey, Westwood (Bolland 71), Artell, Linwood (booked 41, 88) Hand (booked 75), Martinez (c), Bennett (Steele 71), Blundell, Walters. Subs: Semple, Sandwith, Steele, Bolland, Palethorpe.

MK Dons: Harper, Lewington, Diallo, O'Hanlon, McGovern, Platt, McLeod (Taylor 67) (booked 65), Andrews (c), Wilbraham (G. Smith 78), Dyer (Edds 64), Butler. Subs: Mitchell, G. Smith, Edds, Taylor, Baines.

Referee: Mr Darren Deadman.

Attendance: 2,211.