Second half goals win it for Swans

editorial image

United Counties League

Premier League

Goals from Josh Crawley and Jared Cunniff saw Newport Pagnell Town come from behind to beat Deeping Rangers on Saturday.

Rangers came into the game on the back of a seven-game undefeated streak, and it looked like it could go to eight when they took the lead from the penalty spot in first half stoppage time.

But when Crawley punished keeper Danny Bircham to equalise, Swans got their tail up and netted the winner 11 minutes from time, courtesy of Cunniff’s strike.

Division 1

Olney Town returned to winning ways on Saturday with a 3-2 win over Rushden & Higham.

Reserve hot shot Matt Old celebrated his call up with the first two Nurserymen goals after 11 and 30 minutes.

The Lankies were back in the game two minutes later through Lewis O’Dell.

Daryl Smith restored Olney’s two goal margin seven minutes into the second half.

The visitors didn’t give up and were rewarded by a Jordan Pendered goal after 69 minutes.

The result means Olney sit ninth in the table, four points back of this weekend’s opponents Raunds.

Reserve Division

Olney Town Reserves are seven points clear at the top of the Reserve Division after picking up four points in three days.

Their 3-1 win over Huntingdon on Saturday was followed up with a 1-1 draw with Irchester United Reserves on Tuesday, though David Ashcroft’s side were guilty of missing a whole host of chances to put the result beyond doubt.

South Midlands League

Division 1

Stony Stratford’s topsy-turvy season continued with a 3-0 defeat at the hands of London Lions.

Division 2

New Bradwell St Peter were comfortable 3-0 winners over Tring Corinthians.

Goals from Bearman and a brace from Flanagan mean they remain second in the table.

Mursley shared a seven-goal thriller with Kent Athletics, but came out on the wrong end of the 4-3 scoreline.

The hosts were missing five key players but went ahead after 20 minutes when a poor clearance fell directly to Michael Read, whose delicate chip cleared the back-pedalling Gudgin in the visitors’ goal and dropped into the net.

Kent stepped up a gear and were level just before half-time. Then, in injury time at the end of the half, Mapp’s free-kick from 25 yards flew into the top corner.

Both sides played some good football in the second half and it was Mursley who scored next as Read’s cross found James Wardell unmarked to head home.

The visitors went back into the lead almost immediately as a defensive mix-up left Richards with a chance to score and he made no mistake.

With 10 minutes remaining, Richards’ cross from the right found its way to Henry who rifled home his second.

Mursley threw everything forward: Gudgin saved well at the feet of substitute Lewis Wheeler and, in the dying moments, Read’s cross eluded Wardell, but found Kam Ettah at the far post who netted, but it was too little too late.

North Bucks & District League

Premier Division

Comet MK 3-2 Brackley sports

Deanshanger Athletic 1-4 Great Horwood

Hanslope 1-5 Syresham

Loughton Manor6-1 Stewkley

Marsh Gibbon 2-2 Great Linford

Silverstone 1-3 MK Wanderers

Intermediate Division

Grendon Rangers Res 0-3 Bow Brickhill

Potterspury Res. 3-3 AFC Santander

Towcester Town 4-2 Southcott Village

Yardley Gobion 3-0 Charlton & District

Division One

Great Linford 1-2 Brackley Old Boys

Olney 4-4 Tattenhoe

Padbury Village 2-5 Great Horwood Res.

Stoke Hammond Wanderers 7-0 Uni of Buck.

Twyford United 8-1 Deanshanger Athletic Res

Wicken Sports 2-2 MK Wanderers Res.

Division Two

MK Wanderers W-L Westbury

New City Stars 6-2 Comet MK Res.

Steeple Claydon 3-2 Silverstone Res.

Wing Village 2-4 Marsh Gibbon Res.